Welcome to pyrocore’s documentation!¶
pyrocore is a collection of tools for the BitTorrent protocol
and especially the rTorrent client.
They enable you to filter rTorrent’s item list for displaying or changing selected items,
also creating, inspecting and changing
.torrent files, and much more.
An optional daemon process named
pyrotorque can add flexible queue management for rTorrent,
starting items added in bulk slowly over time according to customizable rules.
It can also watch a directory tree recursively for new metafiles using inotify.
.torrent files you drop anywhere into that watched tree are loaded instantaneously,
without any polling and no extra configuration for nested directories.
The PyroScope command line utilities (i.e. pyrocore) are not the same as rTorrent-PS, and they work perfectly fine without it; the same is true the other way ‘round. It’s just that both projects unsurprisingly have synergies if used together, and some features do only work when both are present.
You absolutely must read the first three chapters Overview, Installation Guide, and Configuration Guide ̣— pyrocore utilities won’t work at all or not properly if you do not provide an adequate configuration, and also modify the rTorrent one to provide some essential data and commands. Once you got everything basically working, User’s Manual will show you all the common commands and use-cases. Further chapters then explain more complex use-cases and features that might not appeal or apply to you.
This is also the way to resolve any problems with or questions about your configuration and software installation. Always look into the Trouble-Shooting Guide as a first measure, which is often the fastest way to get back to a working system. That guide also explains how to efficiently report your problem when you cannot fix it yourself.
Contents of This Manual¶
- Installation Guide
- Configuration Guide
- User’s Manual
- Command Line Tools
- ‘rtcontrol’ Examples
- Useful Filter Conditions
- Integrating ‘rtcontrol’ into the Curses UI
- Performing Management Tasks
- Performing Periodic Tasks
- Using Output Templates
- Standard Configuration Explained
- Tips & How-Tos
- Adding Category Views to the rTorrent UI
- Dumping Items as a JSON Array
- Working With Several rTorrent Instances
- Moving All Data for Selected Items to a New Location
- Host Migration of Data & State
- Tag Episodes in rT-PS, Then Delete Their Whole Season
- Using Tags or Flag Files to Control Item Processing
- Metafile Creation with info.source from Configuration
- Moving All Untied Metafiles Out of a Watch Tree
- Advanced Features
- Advanced ‘rtcontrol’
- Using ‘rtxmlrpc’
- rTorrent Queue Manager
- Using the Tree Watch Job
- Experimental Features
- Query Optimization
- Connecting via SSH
- Using the Monitoring Web Service
- Event Handling
- Queue Manager: Planned Features
- Custom Python Code
- Defining Custom Fields
- Adding Custom Template Helpers
- Writing Your Own Scripts
- Writing Custom Jobs
- Trouble-Shooting Guide
- Reporting Problems
- Providing Diagnostic Information
- Common Problems & Solutions
- Software Updates
- API Documentation
- Contributing Guidelines